1. How do I register my cycle with a National Cycle Database?
Visit the link below and register an account, at which point you can register you cycle information: Make/Model, Colour and Serial Number. Register here.
2. How do I obtain a Logbook number?
Once you register at bikeregister.com you will be issued a log number along with a confirmation email.
3. How do I locate my cycle serial number?
The best chance at recovering a stolen cycle is having a registered serial number. There numbers are used by police across the nation.
Where to find it:
If there is no serial number near the cranks, you should check other common places, including the front headset or rear stays. The diagram (below) indicates five of the most common serial number locations.
4. How do I get a FOB?
First please log in then go to ‘My Account’ page you will see a section for ‘Access FOBs’ – Once selected you will be able to request a FOB. This requires a refundable deposit and postage.
5. How do I replace a lost or stolen FOB?
First please log in then go to ‘My Account’ page select the ‘Access FOBs’ option – You will see the FOB that you previously had allocated, please mark this as lost/stolen where appropriate and you will be charged an additional fee plus postage for the replacement Access FOB.
6. *How do I register my NFC Device?
Within the ‘My Account’ page you will see an option for ‘NFC Devices’ on this screen there is a button for “Register this device” (ensure NFC is enabled on your device). The software will detect the device and add the unique registration address for NFC. This will enable you to access the cycle park/locks using this device. *Android Only
7. How do I enter the cycle park gate?
For the gate to function via FOB, NFC or GPS you will need to ensure that you have at least £5 credit on your account. This limit has been set to ensure security within the cycle park. Providing you have £5 or more credit you can select which ever feature suites you best to use our service.
- GPS checks your location to ensure you’re close enough to the cycle park to warrant opening the gate.
- NFC can be used with any NFC registered device attached to your account for the gate and the cycle locks.
- FOB users will already have the account association in place and can access the gate and cycle locks using this FOB.
8. How do I lock my cycle?
The image below is an example of a cycle successfully secured with one of our locks.
- Wheel bike into secure cycle lock.
- Put the cable through the front and back wheel of your cycle. The Lock Pin will go through the end of the cable.
- Push the Lock pin into the Locked position – The LED on the lock will change to a red colour to confirm this is locked.